This Friday’s Meeting – January 16, 2018:
Our program for this Friday is Marcella Johnson, founder of the “Comfort Cub,” https://thecomfortcub.org
Nancy Walters will be our KOD, and our meeting will be at the La Jolla Community Center, located at 6811 La Jolla Blvd, La Jolla, CA 92037.
We had a terrific meeting last Friday with Tina Rose as our speaker, from Big Brothers and Big Sisters of San Diego. We also presented three checks to our grant recipients.
This Friday’s Meeting – January 12, 2018:
This Friday’s speaker is Eve Beutler, founder of Cancer Angels of San Diego. Please click here if you would like to read her bio: www.cancerangelsofsandiego.org
Tom Henry will be our KOD, and our meeting will be at the regular church location at 7715 Draper Ave., La Jolla, CA
Well, if you missed last week’s meeting, you missed a fabulous performance from the LJHS Band. They did an incredible job, and we especially enjoyed the various solo performances mixed into the pieces, so we could better appreciate the hard work that each student puts into their craft.
We were happy to distribute two checks:
- Youth Services gave Storytellers of San Diego a check for $1,000, and I encourage you to visit their website at www.storytellersofsandiego.org.
- The Music Committee granted the La Jolla High School Band a check for $10,000, as we continue our support for this very important music program at LJHS. Their website calendar is located at www.ljhs.sandi.net/faculty/MFiedler/calendar.html.
Please join us Friday, January 13th, for our regular weekly Club meeting, BUT at the La Jolla Community Center.
We have two check presentations to distribute:
This Friday’s Meeting – January 13th, 2017
Program: Our guest is Lt. Governor, Lonnie Folsom, and he will give us an update on Kiwanis International, our Division, and his thoughts on how we can all work to make Kiwanis even stronger!!
KOD: Wil Johnson
Location: THE LA JOLLA COMMUNITY CENTER; 6811 La Jolla Blvd, La Jolla, CA 92037
See you all on Friday!
Hoping everyone enjoyed a nice Thanksgiving break, we return to our normal weekly program luncheon this Friday with an energetic, fun musical performance as we head into the Christmas season.
Before the Thanksgiving break, we presented three grant checks, to three deserving charities:
- Community Services awarded the San Diego Humane Society a check for $2,500. We are happy to continue supporting this wonderful charity and more information can be found on their website. sdhumane.org
- The Youth Services Committee gave The Monarch School a check for $3,000. Their website is monarchschools.org.
- The National League of Young Men received a $5,000 check. NLYM is a non-profit organization for young men in grades 9-12; this structured program for mothers and their sons promotes the development of young men into community leaders through leadership involvement, charitable and community service, cultural experiences and protocol education. You can read more at nationalleagueofyoungmen.org.
This Friday’s Meeting – December 2nd, 2016
Program: Our program is The Classic Divas and if you don’t know who these energetic ladies are, you can find more information at bollesartsinternational.com/entertainmentclassescoaching.html.
KOD: Craig Bratlien, 2013-2014 Club Past-President
– Our check presentation will be from the Youth Services Committee to Savvy Giving by Design, a fantastic charity that challenges itself to create the ultimate dream room for each child. More info at www.savvygivingbydesign.org.
– REMINDER: Our annual Club Holiday Party will be on Saturday, December 10th this year. Email an RSVP to Anita Hansen when you can, and she will be sending out a reminder email also.
Location: THE LA JOLLA PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH; 7715 Draper Ave, La Jolla, CA 92037
See you all on Friday!